Did you mean: 

New cellular watch assigned to my account - now I can’t make outgoing calls

CEddie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

I bought a new cellular watch which I attached to my account on Fridays.

Since Saturday morning, I can’t make any outgoing calls, (watch or phone) all incoming calls are coming through as unknown number. I still have data, internet, text messages.

went to o2 store yesterday, they put my SIM card in another phone, same issues still. Reset all my setting, unpaired my watch, did a sim swap and still having same issues.

annoyingly customer service via the telephone  are not helpful and just say it should be sorted in 3 days. Some issue there end…..strange as nothing is showing online about this 🤷🏻‍♀️ 
please help….it’s not ideal not being able to call

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Debs68
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 17 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@CEddie I have the same Issue and am about to visit the o2 Store this Morning another Customer on another thread had the same Issue and Disabling the 5G Bolt on has solved his problem - Not Ideal but he said o2 are aware and looking at a fix, It's Some Issue with the Cellular IWatch's and o2's 5G Bolt on. Hope this throws some light on it for you 🙂

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35800 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

CEddie
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey 

My phone is an iPhone 12 Pro Max and the watch is Apple SE with gps and cellular @pgn 

Message 3 of 10

Debs68
  • 17 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@CEddie I have the same Issue and am about to visit the o2 Store this Morning another Customer on another thread had the same Issue and Disabling the 5G Bolt on has solved his problem - Not Ideal but he said o2 are aware and looking at a fix, It's Some Issue with the Cellular IWatch's and o2's 5G Bolt on. Hope this throws some light on it for you 🙂

Message 4 of 10

CEddie
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Amazing thank you @Debs68

do you know if we are able to disable the 5g bolt on ourselves or do we have to contact 02? 
hope you manage to sort it this morning ☺️

Message 5 of 10

CEddie
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Debs68 it’s worked 🙌🏼 Thank you soooo much

(I goggled how to disable 5gb) if you need me to explain how to do that let me know 

Message 6 of 10

Debs68
  • 17 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@CEddie Just Did the same and googled it, Many Thanks back for the heads up ! it's saved me a trip to the o2 Shop! 

There is Obviously an Issue with there 5G Network at the minute and doing it this way means you don't have to contact them to re enable 5G in the future we can just do it ourselves 🙂 

Message 7 of 10

CEddie
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Debs68great news…pleased to hear it’s worked for you also and saved you a trip.

let’s hope 02 manage to sort the 5g issue sooner than later ☺️

Message 8 of 10

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

For anyone who wants to know how to disable 5G on any device then follow this guide

https://www.makeuseof.com/how-to-disable-5g-on-any-device/ 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 10

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35800 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

Good work on confirming 5G Bolt on seems to be the culprit for erratic phone performance in Apple and iWatch, @CEddie and @Debs68 and for the 5g disablement guide, @Cleoriff - another one for @madasaf1sh to include in his kickass toolkit 👍

Message 10 of 10