Did you mean: 

New Customer - Porting Stuck?

mc451
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

There seems to be a lot of similar issues circling around this but here goes:

I recently joined O2 as a new customer on a SIM only plan and received my SIM via post this week. I wanted to keep my old number (from Three network) and so I requested for that number to be ported over to O2.

On Monday morning I requested this over the phone and the agent told me that the transfer should happen by 6pm the following Tuesday but it is now the morning after and I'm not getting any service still 😞 

Have contacted Three and they informed me that my account with them has been deactivated with them since 4:40pm on Tuesday and I no longer have service on that SIM anymore.

Also spoke to live chat agent this morning and they informed me that my porting is stuck and may take up to 5 working days to resolve!

Any ideas what to do now? I'm not able to make or receive any calls or texts from either SIM now and am left in the dark. Also, reading some previous threads I would like to point out that I did NOT receive any text messages regarding the transfer which would indicate that is wasn't processed correctly??? I also asked this to the o2 live chat agent and they assured we that it did happen but is stuck.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

mc451
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @Enlli Enlli,

@O2nath_ci was looking into my case yesterday and was informed I would receive an update within 24 hours but nothing as of yet 😞 - they're appearing as offline today so is there anyone else who can chase this? 

Message 11 of 14

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7153 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions

@mc451 

It may have been passed over to another advisor

@O2Ryan .....do you know if there has been any progress?

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 12 of 14

mc451
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

Quick update. My number appears to have been successfully ported across to O2. I am able to receive and make calls and texts now. However one thing which isn't working is OTP/ verification texts that I use for online banking and MFA. Not sure if this is due to incomplete porting or such - @O2Ryan please can you advise.

Message 13 of 14

mc451
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Not sure if anyone saw the above post but since then it seems to all be working now.

This thread can be closed

Message 14 of 14