Did you mean: 

New Customer - Porting Stuck?

mc451
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

There seems to be a lot of similar issues circling around this but here goes:

I recently joined O2 as a new customer on a SIM only plan and received my SIM via post this week. I wanted to keep my old number (from Three network) and so I requested for that number to be ported over to O2.

On Monday morning I requested this over the phone and the agent told me that the transfer should happen by 6pm the following Tuesday but it is now the morning after and I'm not getting any service still 😞 

Have contacted Three and they informed me that my account with them has been deactivated with them since 4:40pm on Tuesday and I no longer have service on that SIM anymore.

Also spoke to live chat agent this morning and they informed me that my porting is stuck and may take up to 5 working days to resolve!

Any ideas what to do now? I'm not able to make or receive any calls or texts from either SIM now and am left in the dark. Also, reading some previous threads I would like to point out that I did NOT receive any text messages regarding the transfer which would indicate that is wasn't processed correctly??? I also asked this to the o2 live chat agent and they assured we that it did happen but is stuck.

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12385 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1149 Solutions

As Sarah is not on the roster for today, I'll mention the advisors that are.

Can you help @O2Ryan @O2nath_ci ?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

mc451
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'd like to add as well that the PAC code issued by Three is due to expire on 19/11/2022 so I'm not sure if this is going to affect anything given the 5 working days resolution time given to me by the live chat agent

Message 2 of 14

Enlli
  • 7136 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1590 Solutions

The code expiring on the 19th will not be a problem as 3 have actioned it and it is in the system.

I've no idea what has gone wrong with O2

I'm going to tag an advisor to see if they can help

@O2Sarah can you help? Also would be good to know if there is a general problem so we can advise accordingly

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 14

mc451
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks Enlli

It's understandable if there were known issues with porting (which seems to be the case based on the number of threads I have seen) so would have been nice if O2 communicated this with us when requesting the port.

Really frustrating when you're told it will happen within one day and the next minute you're left in the dark with a 5 working days estimate! If I would have known that beforehand I would have no issues holding off transferring during a time when I'm not too busy but I really need access to my number for work 😞 

Message 4 of 14

gmarkj
  • 12385 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1149 Solutions

As Sarah is not on the roster for today, I'll mention the advisors that are.

Can you help @O2Ryan @O2nath_ci ?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 14

Enlli
  • 7136 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1590 Solutions

@gmarkj 

Whoops, I've lost a day of the week somewhere 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 6 of 14

O2nath_ci
  • 35 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

thanks for the Tag @gmarkj 

@mc451 i will private message you now 

Message 7 of 14

O2Ryan
  • 146 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @gmarkj ill send a private message over to @mc451 and take a look.

signature
Message 8 of 14

mc451
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Have been informed that my port has failed. Researching online I wonder if this is due to my address not matching from my Three account (old network) to the address on record for my O2 account.

Anyone else seen something similar to this as a reason for a failed port? 

Message 9 of 14

Enlli
  • 7136 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1590 Solutions

Address should have nothing to do with it.

Message 10 of 14