Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network

paigedavies1002
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

For a while now my network (4G) hasn’t been working it’s been shocking. I’ve followed everything I’m meant to do and done the network check and it is bad in my area but I’m paying for it and my service is absolutely terrible I can’t even use my 4g in my bed room

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@paigedavies1002 Hi, are you seeing the 4g icon on your phone display?  Try switching to 3g in settings and see if that makes any difference.  

Message 2 of 5

Junior
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 75 Posts
  • 12 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’ve noticed recently that most places I go have the following message displayed on the status check:

There are more people than usual in this area right now, making our network a little busier.

If you find your data is slower than normal, this could be the reason. We’re sorry. Our top tips for staying connected would be to find local Wifi hotspots and download whatever content you need whilst connected to Wifi, so you can still enjoy it on the move.

It looks like the o2 network has reached capacity on their network and I will be looking to change having been with them for 15 years. 

Message 3 of 5

paigedavies1002
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I thought I would try that but when I went to look there’s no longer the option for 3G 

Message 4 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

Good luck, all networks are suffering this at the moment, due to higher than predicted people taking staycations in locations that have very low bandwidth in the backhaul, as the local councils normally won't allow the networks to put up more masts, or dig up roads to put in better fibre connections. 

EE are particulary bad on the east coast, and the peak district at the moment

Vodafone have nationwide issues

Three are just rubbish anywhere, as there cloud network cant cope. 

O2's network hasn't reached capacity, just certain traffic heavy locations. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 5