Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone won't accept Vodafone calls

Ruthie54
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

For several months now, my phone hasn't been able to take Vodafone calls. It started with one of my contacts and now there are at least 4 people on my contacts list who are not barred but get the message "this person's phone is switched off" if they try calling.  They can WA me.  I reported this at the shop in Maidenhead; the people tried but could not remedy it - SIM swap, tried the SIM in a different phone, etc.  I called customer services and after lengthy conversations and a whole lot of actions  which did not work, including disconnecting my account, they were unable to do anything and referred me to tech. Weeks later I have heard nothing from tech, have raised a complaint (and received no response) and am no further forward. Short of closing my account, what should I do?  Has anyone else had this problem.? (Also been to Vodafone who say it's not their problem either). It is so annoying and frustrating that no-one will take responsibility/fix this issue.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35800 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

Hi @Ruthie54 - puzzling.

1. Were you ever on Vodafone, and ported your (now) O2 number from Voda to O2 at a time?

2. Are you using WiFi calling?

3. Have you tried calling them by entering their number manually, rather than using the contact in your address book for them?

4. None of the called Voda users has, by any chance, blocked you?

Intriguing...

Message 2 of 11

Ruthie54
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for respodning.

I was on Vodafone several years ago and did change my number across.

It's not wifi calling - good, old fashioned phone calling.

I can call anyone with no problem at all; it is incoming calls that are an issue. I have checked that they are not blocked and O2 have also checked.  It started with one person getting the message that my phone was switched off, then a second told me about it and since 2 others.  It's so frustrating.

Message 3 of 11

Sgarcia
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m having the same issue and no one from support is able to fix this issue. Have you managed to find a solution?

Message 4 of 11

Annie60
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have exactly the same problem . Have been with o2 for years .   All of a sudden friends/family on vodaphone or any company using their network weren’t able to ring  or text me . I contacted call centre ,spoke to techs , changed sim . I still cannot receive calls or texts 

Message 5 of 11

pgn
  • 35800 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

Hi @Ruthie54 - I will tag in an O2 Forum Advisor, @O2Emma - but you may be referred back to Customer Services, either 202 for Contract or 4445 for PAYG - keep an eye out for a replay from Emma presently.

Message 6 of 11

pgn
  • 35800 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

Hi @Annie60  - I will tag in an O2 Forum Advisor, @O2Emma - but you may be referred back to Customer Services, either 202 for Contract or 4445 for PAYG - keep an eye out for a reply from Emma presently.

Message 7 of 11

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @pgn I will look into this thanks .

Hi @Annie60 and @Ruthie54 I will send you both a private message to look into this .

signature
Message 8 of 11

Nikos111
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi there,

same problem here!

has this been resolved for others or should I just change provider?

thanks

Message 9 of 11

Nikos111
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

BTW never been with Vodafone, number was registered with Giffgaff before it being ported to O2!

Now I do not receive phonecalls from Vodafone numbers at all!

Message 10 of 11