Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone number is different to the one on my account

superwoman40
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, when i got my contract 3 years ago i transferred my original number so i could keep it. But on my o2 account it’s a totally different number and i have only just noticed this as I was trying to sort my upgrade out. I couldn’t complete the transaction as it says it will send a text to validate it’s me who has placed the order. But the text is going to the number on my o2 account and not my actual number so it didn’t come through and i can’t place my upgrade order which is frustrating. It’s as if it has never fully synced??
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122816 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@superwoman40 

You can change it yourself

Settings >Phone >My number. 

Edit, save and reboot phone.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@superwoman40 

You'll need to call customer service to reset your MyO2 and change those account details Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

superwoman40
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you, there not open today are they?
Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@superwoman40 

They are open but it's not easy to get through due to lockdown.

Keep trying and if asked for the reason you are calling, say fraud or upgrade which should get you put through.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5