Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My O2 not working from PC

SteveM1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 16 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have tried logging in to MyO2 from my PC several times today - all I get is a blank screen after entering my login details.

I have tried Chrome and Bing, I have cleared the cache and cookies. I have rebooted the PC. Nothing works.

On my iPad it works.

I am running Windows 10 with all the latest updates.

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144717 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions

Not the same thread, it was this one also having the same issues Error 500 Page - O2 Community

Seems standard for O2 these days.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 26

SteveM1
  • 16 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 @madasaf1sh 

Thanks for your help.

I've had feedback via Chat and was asked to clear cache and cookies and try the following link https://accounts.o2.co.uk/signin.

This was successful, but I don't know if it is a long term solution. If I get anymore feedback I will post the information from O2.

Message 12 of 26

SteveM1
  • 16 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 @madasaf1sh 

Update to my previous post - unfortunately, in my case it was only successful the first time. I've tried again several times since, using the same procedure, with no success.

Sorry to raise your hopes!

Message 13 of 26

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144717 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions

You learn not to get too excited after being here a while @SteveM1 wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 26

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12112 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1126 Solutions

Clear cache and cookies (or use incognito mode) but drop the singin part (so https://accounts.o2.co.uk)

That's the one I enter when trying to log in on the web @SteveM1 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 15 of 26

SteveM1
  • 16 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@gmarkj 

Don't know what happened, I replied to your post not long after you posted but it seems to have got lost in the ether (or finger trouble).

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions;

I tried them all on Edge and Chrome - no difference, blank screen every time.

I have been trying chat from the phone app and have given up on that.

Thought I'd give Messenger a go after @MI5 gave me a list of other ways to contact O2. Posted the message at 1:00pm, it's now 4:15pm and it's not even been viewed...

Message 16 of 26

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12112 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1126 Solutions

No worries @SteveM1 

Someone did post earlier about a delay in getting a reply - guessing they are a little busy at the mo!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 17 of 26

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6693 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1494 Solutions

Same here.

If I want the Web version it only works if I connect using the O2 network. 

Another network or WiFi I get a blank screen after logging in

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 18 of 26

SteveM1
  • 16 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Enlli 

My problem is just with the PC and website. It works fine on my iPad.

I posted a question to O2 on Messenger 25 hours ago hoping for some feedback - it's still not been viewed!

Message 19 of 26

SteveM1
  • 16 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Update on this problem.

Installed Firefox on my PC, exactly the same problem!

Now over 48 hours since I posted a support request on Messenger - it's still not been read and there has been no further response from the Chat I started on the My O2 app.

Had an insulting email from O2 asking if the help that the Community members had supplied had resolved the problem and to click Accept as Solution. The email had no way of saying no or reporting back to O2 Tech Support (🤣).

Does anybody from O2 Tech Support (or any department) actually read or use the Community forum/chats/help requests? I would guess not.

My service provider has a similar forum and moderators who monitor the chats etc, and if necessary escalate problems so they get resolved.

Message 20 of 26