Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from Virgin

AJBB
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,  I have tried to move 4 phones from virgin but only three of the numbers appear in myo2, they are all supposed to be on the same account.

Two of them show that they are now on O2 but have not had their numbers ported over.

The other two have been abroad this last week and although we had messages saying they were being swapped I believe they have to be in the UK for this to work.  Both have now received SMS messages saying we are being sent new SIMs.

What do I need to do to get all four numbers on this account and to get their original numbers ported over?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37307 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

On the O2 side, multiple handsets on a single account has been disabled until the Virgin Media customers are all on O2 and until a migration from a legacy to a new System 360 billing system at the back end has been completed.  Both projects are over-running somewhat, so if multiple devices on a single O2 account is brought back as a feature, we shall need to wait and see. For now you may need multiple e-mail addresses and an account per handset (watches paired with a handset are permitted on the same account, but not another O2 product, eg PAYG or Contract phone). Good Luck @AJBB.

Message 2 of 6

AJBB
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It would appear that three of my four handsets have appeared on one account and the other on a separate account.  I am told I can move the single handset to join the other three.  I will report back on my success or failure.

Message 3 of 6

Oxonian
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 7766 Posts
  • 155 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@AJBB 

Please do report back as your success or failure will be of interest for the future.  

Message 4 of 6

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37307 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

@AJBB wrote:

It would appear that three of my four handsets have appeared on one account and the other on a separate account.  I am told I can move the single handset to join the other three.  I will report back on my success or failure.

Hmm. Perhaps O2 is nearly done with the migrations as described previously, @AJBB - please do let us know how you get on, not many report back these days.

1000008813.png

I think it abandons ship at the final step.

Message 5 of 6

AJBB
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I finally got through to someone I could understand and who seemed to know what was what as I suspect pgn does wink   Essentially I cannot move handsets from one account to another and as pgn said it is unknown if this feature will return.  I am sure I have seen this feature in the last couple of days either on the web or on the app but I now can't find it, perhaps it really has gone now.

The reason I have three handsets on one account is because that is how they were transferred over from Virgin so clearly it is possible to have more than one handset on an account, I just can't move them from one to another myself.  Apparently the 'system' won't allow this although clearly some part of it does allow this or the Virgin transfer would have put all handsets in separate accounts.  The 'system' is all that is available to O2 staff so they can't move them either.

The hanset that went missing is actually on a separate account and I 'think' this was moved manually and was treated differently.  At least all our original numbers have been ported so I guess two accounts to deal with is not a major issue just irritating.

Sorry this doesn't really give any more information.

Message 6 of 6