Did you mean: 

Move eSIM to new phone

JSH2644
Level 1: Joiner
  • 15 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I've just received the Pixel 9 Pro after upgrading from the 8 Pro. I’m trying to move my eSIM over but I just can’t find how to do it. I contacted O2 but they are just telling me to do it during set up of new phone. That didn’t work however because it was expecting me to scan a QR code which I don’t have. Am I missing something obvious?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11349 Posts
  • 62 Topics
  • 3153 Solutions

@JSH2644 

You need to do it as a copy from the old phone to the new phone, and it should bring across the esim, if you are doing it as a new device, then you will need to either go into store with a Photo ID and get a new esim pack or call o2 Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

My advice stick to plastic sims, as that way you won't have all these problems and to be honest it makes switching phones so much easier..

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 2 of 10

JSH2644
  • 15 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m not sure what you mean by doing it as a copy. Either way, I’ve set up my new phone now by transferring everything over when setting up, just couldn’t do the eSIM. I wish I had went with a physical sim now though.

Message 3 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148912 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28445 Solutions

You can't copy an esim @JSH2644 so I'm not sure either.

esims aren't transferrable between devices, so your only option is a new esim pack from O2.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 10

JSH2644
  • 15 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

How can I get a new esim pack?

Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 148912 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28445 Solutions

@JSH2644 

Either in store (take photo ID) or by calling O2 Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 10

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7801 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1643 Solutions

This worked for me last year when moving handsets. Of course they may have changed things

1000009941.jpg

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 7 of 10

Weehaggis
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Why don't O2 allow you to use the phone’s own mechanism for transferring esims between phones? Eg Samsung supports the secure transfer of an esim from your old phone your new one, as long as both phones on current OS versions. From what I’m reading here, O2 appear to be insisting on tired old snail mail tech to transfer your esim.

Message 8 of 10

Weehaggis
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes you can. Both Apple and Samsung have features to allow transfer of esims between their phones.  Its only O2 blocking it.

Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 148912 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28445 Solutions

@Weehaggis wrote:

Yes you can. Both Apple and Samsung have features to allow transfer of esims between their phones.  Its only O2 blocking it.

Obviously I was talking about O2 as this is an O2 forum.

Message 10 of 10