Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Data Drops Out

stonehouse666
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, Since I swapped to an esim last year my mobile data always cuts off after a couple of minutes. I have to put the phone into airplane mode and then back to normal mode to get it working for a couple more mins. I have reset the phone, reset the network, i went back to a physical sim and had the same thing, tried the physical sim in another phone.. same thing, so its definitely not the phone. (iphone 13 pro). I have been to an O2 store 3 times and they try different thing that should work in the next day or two, but they don't. If i get it working by turning airplane mode on an off and stream a movie it will work for an hour. I don't know what else to do.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10180 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@stonehouse666 

Don't buy an Apple device is my advice, as this is a known bug with multiple networks across the globe.. 

I would reach out to Apple as they should be able to do diagnostics with the device, and others have found requesting a network disconnection and reconnection works, as you have noticed it does this same in another phone.. 

You need to call o2 on 0344 809 0202 or 202 the stores cant sort out these issues.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@stonehouse666 

It's an O2 issue, not Apple as the issue occurs on Android phones too.

The only fix is a network disconnection / reconnection which can only be done by O2.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3