Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missed call alerts when I haven't turned voicemail off

sqsh
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yesterday I got a text message saying I'd missed 3 calls from the same number, but no record of a missed call on my phone. I found this a little confusing as the calls were all at different times so it seems unlikely I would have had no reception on all 3 occasions! I didn't recognise the number, but it turns out it was the dry cleaning company attempting to contact me, and now I look like I'm an awkward customer who is difficult to contact!

Also, when looking up on the O2 site about the missed call alerts, I found that apparently you can't have voicemail and missed call alerts at the same time, and I have to actively choose to get missed call alerts instead of voicemail, yet I have not requested this so it appears to have changed by itself?! I tried accessing my voicemail and it still seems to be working so now I'm even more confused!

Why have Missed call alerts suddenly turned themselves on? I want people to be able to leave me a voicemail if they contact me.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7116 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1586 Solutions

Will be silent calls from a scammer, their auto dial software connects but not long enough for the phone to respond.

Had two recently.

If it is the same number, block and forward the number to 7726

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146975 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

@sqsh 

Full guide here Guide: All you need to know about O2 Voicemail 901 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 3