Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mast problems since July

paulhl
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi - not sure if i'm posting in the right place. I'm a Tesco mobile customer and moved to the E5 postcode in London. When we moved, in the first couple of weeks i noticed reception being really poor inside the flat. I checked the service status and it gave the 'Looks like a nearby phone mast isn’t working as it should, sorry.' We also had a vodafone GPS tracker for our dog which said the same thing. Occassionlly it would tell me the repair was due to end in a few days. But everytime I go back it says it's still being repaired. It's been that way since July. Tesco have told me I need to speak to o2. o2 won't tell me anything past the service status tracker. 

Mastdata.com shows that there is, waht looks like, a mast that provides a number of providers that is being repaired. Does anyone know how I can find out any more infromation that this? Like speak to an actual engineer or find someone who would know? Basically I don't know whether to change provider (as i'm happy with Tesco) or whether i'll face the same issue with the mast! 

Any help or advice would be welcome. 

Thanks, 

Paul

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144159 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

@paulhl 

I'm afraid O2 don't release that data at all.

You won't be able to use any reporting tools either except the button here O2 Service Status as you aren't an O2 customer.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@paulhl If you're having issues with both your phone and the tracker it doesn't sound as if switching providers would make any difference. You won't get any update information other than what you're already getting. O2 never gives out that information, and I doubt the other providers would either. If they gave you a repair finish date and it didn't happen you could hold their feet to the fire, and they're not about to allow that to happen.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 3