Did you mean: 

Mask down Putney Hill SW15

PutneySW15
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Morning All,

I don't know about anyone else, but I raised a complaint about network coverage in the Putney hill area well over a year ago, and was fobbed off that there were no issues. I know the process O2 go through having worked in this field before, and won't investigate to fix a mask issue or trainangulate the mask unless they get complaints flooding in, and even then they'll fob you off that it's your phone. As displayed in my screenshots, there is a mask down. The question to tech support is how long this has been down. I don't expect to be told the truth, but thought i 'd ask anyway. 

PutneySW15_1-1700130768269.png

PutneySW15_2-1700130813841.png

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7338 Posts
  • 53 Topics
  • 1606 Solutions

This is a community forum made up of customers. There are no O2 Staff here and no Technical Support.

Anything we say would just be conjecture.

Not sure how far you would get with Customer Services. Perhaps use the complaints procedure, but as the Terms and Conditions say you are not guaranteed a signal, it probably won't go far.

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 7

Oxonian
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 8132 Posts
  • 167 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@PutneySW15 

In your position, I would not be asking how long the mast has been down ; surely you want to know when it will be repaired and operational again ? 

Message 3 of 7

japitts
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 153 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@PutneySW15 wrote:

I know the process O2 go through having worked in this field before, and won't investigate to fix a mask issue or trainangulate the mask unless they get complaints flooding in

That's not how any network operates. Sites out-of-service are not left OOS pending customer complaints.

I'm not sure what "trainangulate the mask" means - I presume you're referring to first-line triage which is carried out by (usually) NMC/NOC teams in the first-instance before passing a fault ticket to the correct support team. That's Field Ops in the vast majority of cases.

Message 4 of 7

PutneySW15
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

They are left oos if you can't get access to them. I can now confirm that network coverage has greatly improved. The coverage in this area has been terrible for well over a year. I have been informed on numerous occasions there were no issues in this area. I'm assuming the mask that was down has now been fixed, hence why l was asking how long it was down for.

Thanks for your posts.

Message 5 of 7

Oxonian
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 8132 Posts
  • 167 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@PutneySW15 

You are welcome and glad your issue has been resolved. 

Message 6 of 7

japitts
  • 153 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@PutneySW15 wrote:

They are left oos if you can't get access to them.

My post referred to sites being left intentionally off-air because of a lack of customer complaints. Access or legal blockages are indeed one of many causes for a fault fix being delayed beyond that which is ideal.

Many faults can be resolved remotely and don't need physical site access - it all depends on the nature of the issue.

Message 7 of 7