Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

London Undergound Wi-Fi never auto-connects

CorrectHorseBat
Level 3: Thinker
  • 27 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I have an iPhone 12 Pro, I ported to O2 a couple of weeks ago.

I am finding the London Underground Wi-Fi never auto connects on my phone, I have to go into settings manually and connect to "WiFi Extra". I am finding the same at O2 hotspots, I have to manually connect.

Can somebody please help?

Message 1 of 50
49 REPLIES 49

TV95
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @O2Sarah- I'm having the same issue too, would appreciate trying to resolve the issue. Thanks

Message 41 of 50

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12083 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions

Sarah is not working today @TV95 so she won't reply.

Let's see if @O2nath_ci can help instead...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 42 of 50

O2nath_ci
  • 35 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

thanks for the tag @gmarkj 

@TV95  i will private message you 

Message 43 of 50

Proplus
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m having the same issue where I can connect manually but iPhone will never auto connect to the London Underground Wi-Fi despite auto connect being selected. Would someone be able to help me? @O2nath_ci @gmarkj 

Message 44 of 50

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12083 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions

Nath is not on the roster for today @Proplus , but @O2Sarah- is so she might be able to help.

Can you see if there is anything you can do Sarah?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 45 of 50

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @gmarkj 

@Proplus  I will send you a private message so we can check your account. 

Message 46 of 50

tedbun
  • 8 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm having a similar problem with "WiFi Extra" on the London Underground. My phone used to automatically connect to "Wifi Extra", but that has stopped working since I upgraded phone and moved the physical SIM across. The "WiFi Extra" SSID no longer appears under 'managed networks' or as one of my known networks. I cannot connect manually, as it then asked for username/password (it seems that I'm not supposed to try to connect manually anyway! - https://www.o2wifi.co.uk/o2-wifi/o2-wifi-extra/  - the main problem is that it doesn't connect automatically).

I have seen suggestions elsewhere to manually add the SSID details, but my iPhone does not offer "EAP method" or any other way of using the SIM to connect rather than username/password.

I used to be with EE, and ported my number across. With EE my phone automatically connected to "EE WiFi-Auto" and after I moved to O2 my phone automatically connected to "WiFi Extra" up until I upgraded my phone.

Message 47 of 50

tedbun
  • 8 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Any pointers on this one gratefully received @O2Sarah-  @O2nath_ci 

Message 48 of 50

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36053 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1602 Solutions

@tedbun wrote:

Any pointers on this one gratefully received O2Sarah-  O2nath_ci 

The Advisor Service was disbanded in July last year, @tedbun - all you have is what has been offered above or what results from a search for Underground on the bar above:

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?q=Underground%20TfL&noSynonym=false&sort...

Message 49 of 50

tedbun
  • 8 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @pgn - I will keep searching for answers!

Message 50 of 50