Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping my old number.

Ck26
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am absolutely exhausted with speaking to customer services representatives on the phone and via chat and getting absolutely nowhere! 

I ordered a new phone over 10 days ago. Whilst ordering my phone I was asked to enter my PAC code if I wished to transfer my old number over, so I did this. My old number was with Vodafone. I received my phone last Monday 4th July. My number hadn't transferred so I contacted o2. They said they had replaced my account phone number ending in 192 with my Vodafone number. I explained I don't even have a number with o2 ending in 192. They then told me they had sorted it. By Friday the number still wasn't working, so I spoke to someone again who said they had reversed it and that my account ending in 160 had been successfully replaced with my old number from Vodafone. I told them that the number ending 160 was my sons phone and that I didn't want this number replaced, I told people over and over again what number I wanted to be replaced - which was the new account I opened with number ending in 804. I got told over the weekend by a MANAGER that it will all be sorted on Monday 11th July. It wasn't sorted on Monday so I contacted by phone again. He assured me he would email the back office people who sort pac and transfers and it would be sorted today. I rang again today and communication was difficult. But she said she would contact the back office people and then ring me back. She DIDNT ring me back so I went on an online chat. I started the chat at 16:10 today, spoke to an advisor, then at 17.12 I got told I was being transferred to a manager. At 17.19 I was "through to Sanjeev". At 17.22 Sanjeev told me they needed 2-3 minutes to read my previous chat. I said thank you at 17.23 and they said "you're welcome" at 17.25 and then they disappeared. 

I am sick and tired of being lied to, fobbed off and I'm exhausted. This is unnecessary stress I don't need right now.  I'm without my old number which I have had for years so a lot of people have this including my sons school, doctors, hospital etc...I might be missing very important phone calls and messages! 

All I want is for my old Vodafone number to replace my new number ending in 804. Why is this so difficult? Why isn't anyone giving me answers? I just want help, I'm not getting anywhere over the online chats or over the phone. Please can someone help me. 

O2? More like O-poo! 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143451 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@O2Ryan @O2KyleW can you help please?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

Ck26
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have spoken to someone again this morning who told me they will email the porting team and will take maximum 24hrs to respond. 

I'm unhappy 

1. The person I spoke to Tuesday told me they emailed the porting team and they have a time frame of 2-4 hrs to respond. Its now Thursday and nothing has been done.

2. The person I spoke to yesterday told me she had tried phoning the porting team - but the person I spoke to this morning said you can't reach the porting team by phone only email. So more lies!

Come on O2, this isn't acceptable. I have been lied to so many times now.

Please can someone just help me????

Message 3 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143451 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Ck26 

I'm not sure why we have account advisors on here if they don't respond?

Maybe @RafaC can check?

Anyway, I'll try again with @megjess 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 10

megjess
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 21 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi @Ck26  ill pm to look in to this further for you 😊

@MI5 thanks for the tag

megjess
Message 5 of 10

MiTZZZ666
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My PAC code issue transfer from Lebara to O2 is still on going from the 7th July. I'm seriously worried about my number now. I've got half service. I can make calls and send SMS but can't receive calls and can't receive SMS (can't even set up my WhatsApp) The porting team are dealing with it, hope your issue is sorted by now.

Message 6 of 10

Ck26
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

Sounds like a nightmare! 

No, my issue still isn't sorted. I spoke to someone on Friday,they said they would sort it all for me...Still nothing. I rang today and they couldn't even tell me what had been done Friday and why it wasn't working. Once again they said they would send a message to the porting team and will get back to me. That's the 3rd person to say that now. I am regretting going with o2 now. Over 2 weeks now no one has been able to contact me. I cant go on what's app either. 😔😔😔sick of it now. Hopefully your issue will be sorted soon 🤞🤞🤞🤞

Message 7 of 10

Ck26
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Still NOTHING has been done! I have  spoken to people over the phone, chat and on here again!

5 people have now told me they have sent a form to the porting team!

All 5 have told me they will ring me or phone me with an update...guess what?! Not 1 of them has contacted me!

Its been nearly 2 weeks now since I ordered my phone and INPUT MY PAC CODE AT POINT OF PURCHASING ONLINE. What is the point in having this an option online??? 

O2 you have messed up big time and no one is able to tell me what's going on. I have been lied to, fobbed off, had £20 credit put on my account for the 'inconvenience' (inconvenience is an understatement!!!) 

But ultimately the only thing I want is for my old number to be transferred over!

Why is this so difficult?

why is there no consistency with what advisors are telling people? 

Some said the porting team have a window of 4 hours to respond, some have told me they've got 24hours to respond. 

Why can't you actually speak to anyone in the porting team without having to email them??? You are O2, a massive phone company and the Porting team DONT HAVE PHONES???REALLY?! 

No one can contact me. I am waiting for medical appointments and they can't get hold of me, my son's schools can't phone me, I can't message friends...and why should I give everyone in my contact list a temporary number only to change it again when this hopefully gets sorted? I shouldn't have to do that. 

Sick of it all now. On the verge of cancelling completely. Its appalling. 

Someone, anyone! PLEASE help me 

Message 8 of 10

Ck26
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Update 

Positive

Finally my number has been changed...all thanks to a Customer Service Agent Called Glynis. Thank you. You are the only one who listened to me, understood what I was saying, helped me and actually followed it through and communicated with me every step of the way...O2 you need more Glynis's! 

Negative 

Since my number has switched over, I have had several random numbers ringing me today saying they have had a missed call off me. Quite worrying. Can anyone explain why??? 

Message 9 of 10

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

Pleased that your number has moved over @Ck26.

Sounds like your number is the latest that spammers have imitated when they call people. There is not a lot you can do - eventually they will move on to another number.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 10 of 10