Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with call and text on other devices

Diggedydawg
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've got the watch 4 classic 4g and up until recently I was using it with my note 10 and call and text on other devices worked perfectly.

I've upgraded to a z fold 3 and now the watch isn't listed in the call and text on other devices menu, so when calling from the watch it uses its own unique number rather than my main number.

Both have been fly reset and I've tried restoring from backup and setting up as new devices and neither work.

I've spoken to o2 and they say it's Samsung problem, Samsung say its likely an account issue.

Personally I think my esim is still somehow linked to my old phone but I'm just guessing.

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Diggedydawg 

Did you get a new eSim for the Z3 ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 11

Diggedydawg
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had a sim swap done to allow me to change device but the number for the esim hasn't changed  

Message 3 of 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

You need a new eSim for a new device, so just checking to be clear that you did a sim swap to a new eSim first?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 11

Diggedydawg
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

when I first set up the phone I copied everything directly from the note and that also brought the esim setup with it which I found surprising. 

Things didn't work then so I removed the plan and that's when I needed the sim swap to re add it

Message 5 of 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

It sounds like the eSIm is an issue @Diggedydawg 

The eSIm pack you have allows you to reinstate the eSim 3 times on the same device, so I would try removing it and readding it first off.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 11

Diggedydawg
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've tried doing that but no change. Can help but feel something needs doing at o2s end

Message 7 of 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Diggedydawg 

I guess you'll need to call customer service too.
Numbers here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
When it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say "Upgrade", "Lost/Stolen" or "Fraud" if you have to, to get put through to someone.
8.00am is the best time to call if you can.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 11

Diggedydawg
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

After spending several hours on hold I've spoken to two people. One had no idea what I was asking so went to ask for assistance,  at which point the line went dead.  Second person googled it and suggested its a Samsung issue.

Is there a way to get through to a higher level of tech support? I really can't stand the thought of sitting on hold for more hours just to get nowhere.

Message 9 of 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

I'll ask @O2Lisa to help.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 11