Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Texts

MrsCY
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Have International Bolt-On set-up.  Have been texting South Africa but being charged multiply for every text.   Customer Services told me that the longer the text the higher the cost.   What exactly are the charges - how many characters make up a single text?  Why do customer  services simply cut off my calls when I ask this question?

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@MrsCY 

For clarity, one text is 160 characters. 480 characters is 3 texts and you will charged in multiples of 160 characters.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MrsCY  The maximum single text is 480 characters. ( One standard text is 160 characters)

Guide: Accidental MMS Sending and How to Avoid it 

If texting South Africa with the International bolt on, it should be 15p per text.

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/international/the-international-bolt-on 

south africa 22.JPG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 3

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@MrsCY 

For clarity, one text is 160 characters. 480 characters is 3 texts and you will charged in multiples of 160 characters.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3