Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increasing the ring tone length to 30 seconds

JD761
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was hoping someone can help me with an issue I have.  I bought a Dora 8050 smartphone for my elderly mother. I’m the bill payer and account holder.  This phone runs Android 9 (Pie).  The issue I have is the ringtone length is set to 15 seconds (default) and I want to increase this to 30 seconds as the phone keeps going to voicemail. My mother is 86 and not the fasted out the blocks so we are afraid that she’ll keep missing calls and TBH, she doesn’t know what voicemail is. We wanted to introduce this slowly to her. I called the O2 tech support team and on the first occasion was asked to enter the following MIM code.  **61*901*11*30# where (30) is the number of seconds.  I logged off Tech support to enter this and needless to say it fails with the message ‘call forwarding connection problem or invalid MMI code (0)’ I called tech support back again, got a different operator who assured me that the default ringtone length is 30 seconds, which it’s not, then they suggested turning off voicemail.  This may work but no good if we eventually want voicemail. I have tried various MIM code to no avail.  Does anyone know a solution to this please?

Thanks JD

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@JD761 

Guides here Guide: All you need to know about O2 Voicemail 901 and here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-to-Lengthen-Ringtime-on-any-O2-Mobile/ba-p/1175217

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@JD761 

Guides here Guide: All you need to know about O2 Voicemail 901 and here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-to-Lengthen-Ringtime-on-any-O2-Mobile/ba-p/1175217

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 11

JD761
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you MI5. I get the following when I enter this code:

The solution to the problem does not work for me. I get an error message 

"Call forwarding 

Connection problem or invalid MMI code.

(0)#

Now I see you need to get wi-fi calling turned off.  How do I do this?  is this something I can do from my account or phone?

Thanks

Message 3 of 11

MI5
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@JD761 

You can turn it on and off in your MyO2

wifi on.PNG

Currently using:
Message 4 of 11

JD761
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Great, fantastic I'll give this a try tomorrow. This could be a life saver.. Auld gal can't get to the phone in 15 seconds. Not like the young uns with it strapped to their body. she just leaves it down. The joys in trying to teach an old dog new tricks.  Thanks again..

Message 5 of 11

JD761
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

PS do you think she'll need wi-fi calling, whatever this is? thanks 

Message 6 of 11

MI5
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@JD761 

Hang it round her neck 😁

Currently using:
Message 7 of 11

MI5
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@JD761 wrote:

PS do you think she'll need wi-fi calling, whatever this is? thanks 

Not if the phone signal is good.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 11

JD761
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

HI MI5 I can't see how you can turn off My WiFi calling from my O2 menu.  The area you pointed to is information.  Does the network have to turn it off for you? I googled the phone and the response is thus:

Turn Wi-Fi on your Doro 8050 Android 9.0 on or off

This way your phone doesn't use mobile data. Slide two fingers downwards starting from the top of the screen. Press the Wi-Fi icon to turn the function on or off. Press the Home key to return to the home screen.

I tried this but MIM code still failed

Message 9 of 11

MI5
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@JD761 

You'll have to ask O2 if you can't do it yourself.

If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 11