Did you mean: 

Incoming calls 'UKNOWN'

John_F
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi everyone.....

Since the 'seamless' migration from Virgin, all my calls on my Motorola G82 5G on Android 12 are coming in as 'UNKNOWN'.

It appears ( after a number of calls to customer support) that the problem lies with Motorola. 

And from what they are saying it involves all Motorola phones that were migrated from Virgin to O2???

Motorola are working on a fix - no ETA as yet.

Just wondering if there ARE other users with the same issue????

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11581 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3163 Solutions

@John_F 

A quick search of the forum will show this has come up a fair bit during the migration from Virgin's MVNO status to O2..  

Lenovo will release a fix when they can, but if the past is anything to go by dont hold your breath

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 2 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149409 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions

@John_F 

Yes, quite a few judging by the posts we see on here.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 14

TheRealFB
  • 11 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes,  I have this issue, and have received no help with it.

If this is an integration issue with O2 and Motorola, then I'll probably have to look at moving providers.  It's entirely unusable.  It wouuld be nice to have some official explanation and recognition of the issue though, rather than relyign on trawling forums.

I did phone the help-line, and after about 40 minutes (including an annoyinh wifi and network reset, they concluded it was my problem, marked the issue as solved, and ended the call.

Anyone formerly on Virgin have a recommendation for a better supplier?

Message 4 of 14

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38454 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1732 Solutions

@TheRealFB wrote:

Yes,  I have this issue, and have received no help with it.

If this is an integration issue with O2 and Motorola, then I'll probably have to look at moving providers.  It's entirely unusable.  It wouuld be nice to have some official explanation and recognition of the issue though, rather than relyign on trawling forums.

I did phone the help-line, and after about 40 minutes (including an annoyinh wifi and network reset, they concluded it was my problem, marked the issue as solved, and ended the call.

Anyone formerly on Virgin have a recommendation for a better supplier?

O2Sarah- has reached out to you in another post from you about UNKNOWN numbers, @TheRealFB @

Message 5 of 14

AshleyB
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Same phone, same problem, same response from customer services.

Phoned Motorola and they sent me a list of possible solutions, it seems to work after applying the first one.

Please disable 4G calling
Go to Settings > Network & internet > Mobile network > Disable 4G calling

If the issue is not solved, please try the following:

1. Check for Apps update
Go to Play Store
Touch your icon
Touch Manage apps & devices
Under Updates available:
Touch Update all.

Did these steps resolve the issue?

2. Reset network settings
Go to Settings > Network & internet > Mobile network >Advanced > Access Point Names > Touch Menu (the 3 dots on the top right) > Reset to default

Did this resolve the issue?

3. Clear data on the Phone app
Clearing the cache and data can free up phone memory, improve performance, and fix some problems.
Go to settings > Apps and Notifications > See all xxx apps > Phone

To free up space by removing temporary files, touch Storage > Clear cache
If problems still occur, then delete all data saved in the app by touching Storage > Clear storage.
Message 6 of 14

Lesley12
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes, we have the same issue. Very very frustrating x

Message 7 of 14

geoffn50
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi John

I'm suffering the same problem.  However, what you have been told does not seem to be true.  I have two motorola phones.  Both had Virgin sims, now migrated to O2.  One phone shows incoming call numbers OK, other does not.  So I do not think it is a common motorola issue.  And caller ID works on both phones with non O2 sims.  It is an O2 problem.  Its not a good start to dealings with O2.

Message 8 of 14

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7926 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1652 Solutions

Has anyone with problems swapped their SIM card for a propper O2 one. Virgin SIM cards have often had problems in a number of ways. Caller ID being one of them

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 9 of 14

CaptainHam
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have just done exactly this - swapped my wife's "Was Virgin-Now O2" SIM with my "Original O2" SIM...called my number on my wife's Motorola and caller display worked fine.

I therefore suspect this is an issue with "Was Virgin-Now O2" SIMs and have suggested to my wife that she asks for a replacement "Proper O2" SIM.

I also suspect that O2 already know this but don't want to publicise it due to the cost of creating potentially hundreds/thousands of brand new SIMs for Motorola-wielding ex-Virgin customers.

Message 10 of 14