Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMEI block

Cbbbbx
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So my account had an imei block placed due to overdue payment. I then sorted this with o2. And the debt team who said he would send a pay as you go sim for me to use with my iPhone 15 pro max. Since Saturday I’ve had no signal on my phone, and it’s definitely an IMEI block. However o2 are saying the imei block has been lifted and keep telling me to wait 24 hours, I then spoke to them again today and was told again to wait 24 hours. And still no success any idea !! 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148695 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28438 Solutions

@Cbbbbx 

We've found that it can take much longer than 24 hours but if processed correctly, it will come off eventually.

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 10

Cbbbbx
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m so stressed it’s unreal. They keep telling me 24 hours. They told me to phone back tomorrow if it’s not fixed so il wait until then. 

Message 3 of 10

Cbbbbx
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

they also keep saying there is no IMEI block on the phone it was removed on Friday. But we’re not on Monday. 

Message 4 of 10

MI5
  • 148695 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28438 Solutions

@Cbbbbx 

You can avoid future issues if you set up a direct debit to pay your bills Guide: How to Pay Your Bill (Contract) 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 10

Cbbbbx
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have. 
But the imei block is still on. Although o2 are saying it’s not.

Message 6 of 10

MI5
  • 148695 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28438 Solutions

@Cbbbbx 

O2 don't rush these things.

It will take a few days to come off unfortunately.

Message 7 of 10

Cbbbbx
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hopefully. It’s been since Saturday 

Message 8 of 10

Cbbbbx
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

When I search the imei online, it’s still saying blacklisted? Does this mean they haven’t processed the imei unblock properly?

Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 148695 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28438 Solutions

Either that or the system hasn't updated yet @Cbbbbx 

Message 10 of 10