Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I often get 'No signal' for last 2 weeks

CharlieD
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

In the last 2 weeks I have been getting 'no signal' all around my house apart from a couple of rooms upstairs. I bought a new mobile at great expense thinking my old iPhone 6S was getting a bit long in the tooth. But I was rather annoyed to find out that I still 'get no signal' in most of my house with the new mobile. I have checked the 'area checker' on the O2 and it says that the coverage is fine in my area. But I don't think this is correct as there has been a lot of 'chat' on my local community facebook page in Chruch Stretton about how poor the reception is for O2 customers. I guess if O2 don't think there is a problem I will have to switch to EE who work fine in my house on my wife and daughters phones.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@CharlieD 

Check these guides

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues?  and Guide: Do you have poor coverage / signal Indoors? This may help Explain / resolve it 

Also download the My Network app. You can report issues and get updates https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

CharlieD
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The signal has been fine in my house for the last 4 years, so I can only conclude that there is an issue with the signal locally (which is backed up with the local community facebook page complaining about the same issue and are getting just as frustrated as I am ). But if O2 don't think there is an issue than I am left with no option but to go to EE which works fine in my house. 

Message 3 of 7

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@CharlieD 

All you can do is report it to o2 using the app that @Cleoriff has recommended and also have a look on https://status.o2.co.uk to see if there are any service issues. 

Bare in mind if there is an issue, it can take a while for it to be fixed..  

Bare in mind if you do want to move to EE, you will need to pay off any outstanding balances or termination fees.... 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 7

CharlieD
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thanks for your reply , I have tried contacting O2 via the App but keep getting 'All our agent are currently busy' please try again later. Impossible to get through to anyone with a problem - easy enough if you want to buy something from them... I am not the only one with this problem as other people have posted about it on our community facebook page. It seems O2 just don't want to know. Fortunately I have finished my contract and am on SIM only so can cancel anytime with no cost to me

Message 5 of 7

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

You need to use the my network app to report it as that goes to the network engineering team

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 6 of 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@CharlieD 

That seems the best thing to do as your sim only tariff is ending.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 7