cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei PSmart 2020 Filling in Power Up Password by itself incorrectly!

SteveCass7311
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had to restart my Huawei PSmart 2020 and as expected was required to enter my password after a reset. - I pressed the first number and then the phone entered the remaining number of digits by itself obviously incorrectly. - The various digits darkened as if they were being pressed but, my fingers were nowhere near the screen after I entered the first digit. I tried again with the same result and I am now locked out of my phone. - I removed my screen protector assuming dirt had become trapped causing digits to enter themselves, and thoroughly cleaned the screen. - After the 10 minute time out, I tried again and exactly the same thing happened. - Iam now locked out for 30 minutes. - It's like some sort of virus has control of my password screen , but there is no webpage that I can find that suggests that such a virus exists! - I've tried starting the phone in Safe Mode, and exactly the same thing happens. - I'm running out of attempts before I assume that my phone will be wiped if I reach 10 unsuccessful attempts.

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@SteveCass7311 Contact Huawei support  before you completely lock it.

Support-HUAWEI Consumer Official site | HUAWEI United Kingdom

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@SteveCass7311 Contact Huawei support  before you completely lock it.

Support-HUAWEI Consumer Official site | HUAWEI United Kingdom

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 2