Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei P20 Pro Locked Out

Elliebir
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi - I changed the pattern lock on my Huawei P20 Pro last week with no problem. However, I came to unlock it on Saturday and it said that the pattern was incorrect which I know it wasn't as I had been using it for days. I am now locked out of my phone as I don't know my gmail account. I have recovered a gmail account which is associated with my email address but every time I enter this onto the locked phone it says it must be an account that has been synced on the phone. I now have no idea what to do and no phone. Is there a way you can access without gmail - I have tried to factory reset but it still asks for the pattern code.

Many thanks

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Elliebir 

No way to recover this now sorry.

It prevents anyone from accessing a phone that isn't theirs.

Your only chance is to try contacting Google but you'll need some way to positively prove it is your phone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 11

Elliebir
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Wow so no I can't use my phone for the rest of my contract which is over a year?! I wish everyone was made very aware how important a gmail account is as I now have no phone. Thanks for your message.

Message 3 of 11

O2Sophie
  • 233 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 20 Solutions

Hi, Ellibir,

Who did you purchase your phone through, and do you have proof of purchase?

signature
Message 4 of 11

Elliebir
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I pruchased it through mobiles.co.uk and have the emails to say that I purchased from them

Message 5 of 11

O2Sophie
  • 233 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 20 Solutions

You could try getting in touch with Google telling them what has happened and also tell them you have proof of purchase. Your IMEI will be in those emails which will link the phone to you.

The other option is to get back to mobile.co.uk and tell them you think your phone is faulty and would like it repaired.

Hope you get a resolution to your problem.

signature
Message 6 of 11

Elliebir
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for this. I actually remembered after I posted my reply that I purchased my phone from the O2 shop and have my confirmation of this so do you think I could go to O2 with this?

Message 7 of 11

O2Sophie
  • 233 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 20 Solutions

Yes, that would be a good way to get this sorted one way or another. But, I would also still get in touch with Google, because this could be the quickest solution, as o2 will probably send your phone away for repair. slight_smile

signature
Message 8 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Elliebir 

As long as you have proof of ownership, Google will help you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 11

Elliebir
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@MI5 would you know how I contact Google at all please as I just seem to be going round in circles - thank you
Message 10 of 11