Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I merge 2 separate accounts.

CDC
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have 2 phones - 1 was on PAYG and 1 on a monthly contract. Last week I changed the PAYG to monthly. I received a new SIM, activated it and transferred my old number across. Before I started this I had one myO2 account which held both numbers. I now find that I have 2 separate accounts (using 2 different email addresses) and this is ridiculous. Customer services are unable to tell me how to get back to having 1 account containing both numbers - can anybody else help please?

Chris Cawthorne

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147677 Posts
  • 639 Topics
  • 28345 Solutions

@CDC 

Try "bring in other products" in your MyO2.

other products.JPG

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 9

CDC1
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I tried adding a second phone to the account but I got a message which said:

This device is already registered to a My O2 account.

Do I need to un-register a phone, or delete one of the accounts first?

Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 147677 Posts
  • 639 Topics
  • 28345 Solutions

Are they both using the same email address @CDC1 ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 9

CDC1
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No. It won't allow me to use the same email address so I've had to create a second email address in order to access the second O2 number

Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 147677 Posts
  • 639 Topics
  • 28345 Solutions

@CDC1 @CDC 

Try changing the email address now it's registered.

Message 6 of 9

DebbieH1
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I also would like to merge two accounts. But can’t find ‘bring in other products’ in MyO2

can you point me in the right direction please 🙏🏻 

Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 147677 Posts
  • 639 Topics
  • 28345 Solutions

@DebbieH1 

It's in the "My details" section.

Message 8 of 9

CDC1
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

O2 Customer Services have contacted me about this. They said that they are in the process of changing computer systems and that merging 2 accounts is not possible at the moment. There were unable to say when the problem would be resolved - they couldn't tell me whether it would be weeks, months or years. The only way for me to find out would be to keep trying it. Altogether very unhelpful.

Message 9 of 9