Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help mis sold a contract with Aerial Direct

Lesley12_
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

How do I get out? Completely been mis sold this. I was happy with 02 now it's all gone.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Lesley12_ 

The short answer is you don't get out - not easily anyway.

I'd suggest you get yourself a good solicitor or at least seek advice from CAB to start with.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Lesley12_
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I cant afford a solicitor. Surely this isnt right. Dont 02 care about their customers? 

Cant believe it ! 

I will have to take my sim cards out of the phones, put them in a cupboard for two years and get a new contract with EE 

Message 3 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10170 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3011 Solutions

@Lesley12_ 

Aerial Direct are a reseller with o2, so I would start by making an official complaint to them, as they (mis)sold you the new contract. 

Contact us - Aerial Direct Aerial Direct (aerial-direct.co.uk)

Raise a DSAR request to them and request the calls and all logs and then if you get no joy speak to o2. 

It is upto you to prove you have been mis sold a contract i'm afraid. 
CAB might be able to help, but you need proof.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Lesley12_ Aerial Direct have been doing this for years, and it seems that as they are an O2 so-called 'trusted partner', they have been allowed to get away with this with impunity. I can't recall anyone who has ever been 'mis-sold' a contract through them being able to get out of it. Apart from the suggestions you have already been given, you also might try filing a complaint using Resolver, which has had positive results for some: 

Resolve your O2 Complaints for free | Resolver

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 6

Lesley12_
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your help. I have contacted through resolver and I've cancelledcmy 02 direct debit. I will be contacting Aerial Direct in the morning, then writing to them. If no joy which I'm expecting. I shall be going through the financial ombudsman. No contract received , not signed anything and mis sold a business contract. 

I will keep you posted 

Message 6 of 6