Did you mean: 

Handset frozen after sw update

Daveb
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

HI.

In the last hour I received a notification from Samsung regarding a software update.  I have installed this and after the restart the handset has frozen, there is no response from any of the soft keys on the display.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Sounds like you need to contact Samsung @Daveb 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Daveb 

Hold volume down and the power button until the handset vibrates.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Daveb
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

MI5.  Thanks for the update, I have tried this and it has not worked.  I have also started the phone in safe mode and all of the available inbuilt apps work normally.  A peculiarity is that if I do a hard reset using the power key and volume down key, once it reboots it allows me to use any display soft key once.  I have just rebooted and managed to open whatsapp, I have messaged a number of contacts and then on exiting whatsapp the display soft keys again become unresponsive until another hard reset is carried out.

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Sounds like you need to contact Samsung @Daveb 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4