cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got new IPhone 16.. changed sim to e sim & locked out of everything.

Courtney17
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Please help, every verification code is being sent to my number which isn’t active and I now have an ESIM on my old phone which is not what I wanted. It needed to be on my NEW phone. I can’t get in the app and I also can’t receive or make texts and calls on either new or old device now. I got cut off by customer services I have been trying this for 12 hours. I am beyond frustrated 

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149352 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions

Nah

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 11 of 18

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7922 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1652 Solutions

I hope that nah was not directed at me.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 12 of 18

MI5
  • 149352 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions

Nah wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 13 of 18

Kei-M_O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 93 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Oxonian wrote:

I suppose that it depends on what is meant by "...online channels..." @MI5 ? 

I had taken it that social media was not part of the "...online channels..." as you are dealing with a person. 

Maybe @Kei-M_O2 can clarify please ?  

Yeah, sorry I lifted and shifted the term online channels from the comms which is ambiguous upon reflection - it relates to o2.co.uk and MyO2. A customer has to go through an agent to get a SIM so our social media teams can help with this request as well.

Thanks,

Message 14 of 18

MI5
  • 149352 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions

Another genius move by O2.

When the **** will they learn?

Message 15 of 18

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38396 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1732 Solutions

So for SIM/eSIM requests, self-service via O2.co.uk, and MyO2 is out, but 202, an O2 Shop/store and these avenues are all in:

What about the "can we help you" dialog that pops up when browsing the O2 Shop, where it connects you to an agent?

Thanks for the clarifications, @Kei-M_O2 👍🏼

Message 16 of 18

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9269 Posts
  • 214 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@Kei-M_O2 wrote:

Yeah, sorry I lifted and shifted the term online channels from the comms which is ambiguous upon reflection - it relates to o2.co.uk and MyO2. A customer has to go through an agent to get a SIM so our social media teams can help with this request as well.

Thank you for clarifying @Kei-M_O2 ! 👍

Message 17 of 18

Kei-M_O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 93 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

So for SIM/eSIM requests, self-service via O2.co.uk, and MyO2 is out, but 202, an O2 Shop/store and these avenues are all in:

What about the "can we help you" dialog that pops up when browsing the O2 Shop, where it connects you to an agent?

Thanks for the clarifications, @Kei-M_O2 👍🏼

Anything that goes through to an agent should be good 👍

Message 18 of 18