cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got new IPhone 16.. changed sim to e sim & locked out of everything.

Courtney17
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Please help, every verification code is being sent to my number which isn’t active and I now have an ESIM on my old phone which is not what I wanted. It needed to be on my NEW phone. I can’t get in the app and I also can’t receive or make texts and calls on either new or old device now. I got cut off by customer services I have been trying this for 12 hours. I am beyond frustrated 

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93979 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Easiest and quickest option is to go instore with photo ID

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this

or give them a call on 202  or 0344 809 0202

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Message 2 of 18

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7925 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1652 Solutions

If you can't get into store the social media team will be your best bet

They seem to know what they are doing with eSIMs, unlike offshore CS

Message them on Social Media. Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , X Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG

Or

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 18

MI5
  • 149362 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions

SM teams can no longer process sim requests due to potential fraud.

It has to be done in store ot on the phone only.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 18

Enlli
  • 7925 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1652 Solutions

SM changed one for me last week...Perhaps I'm a special case 😁

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 5 of 18

MI5
  • 149362 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions

Subject: You'll no longer be able to request a new eSIM or physical SIM via Online channels
Date: **Personal info**24 08:24
Hi folks,

Just so you know we're in the process of disabling the function that allows customers to request a new eSIM or SIM via our online channels due to the threat of fraud that we're seeing 

We'll be directing these customers to a store or using one of our contact numbers.

Thanks,

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 18

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9269 Posts
  • 214 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

I suppose that it depends on what is meant by "...online channels..." @MI5 ? 

I had taken it that social media was not part of the "...online channels..." as you are dealing with a person. 

Maybe @Kei-M_O2 can clarify please ?  

Message 7 of 18

MI5
  • 149362 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions

What other online channels are there?

Message 8 of 18

Enlli
  • 7925 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1652 Solutions

I didn't request it, they suggested it.

But I suppose O2 want to make things as difficult as possible for their customers when it comes to SIM cards.

Message 9 of 18

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9269 Posts
  • 214 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

What other online channels are there?

MyO2 @MI5 ? 

Message 10 of 18