Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel 7 5G - Green flickering screen

Jayce_k
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have this phone which was provided under contract to me by O2 for a couple of months.
So far so good, no problems to speak of until recently the phone began to develop a green flickering image and gradually becoming unresponsive by all input methods including side buttons. The unit temperature experienced a noticeable increase down the left hand side of the mobile. It is free from scratches, damage and has only had approved apps installed from the Google Play Store.

I've tried doing a factory reset, thereby wiping all the data and applications, only for the fault to re-emerge a short time afterwards (within an hour).

I've approached my local O2 shop today with this known issue, but due to the date (Bank holiday weekend) they seemed unable or unwilling to take ownership of providing customer service.

Could you please advise?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11264 Posts
  • 62 Topics
  • 3153 Solutions

@Jayce_k 

I would contact Google Support direct, and they would be able to help, and possibly a lot quicker than o2. 

I do understand the shop, as they will have to send it off to be repaired, and with the bank holiday this would mean you would be without a phone for an extended period of time, as it wont be picked up till Tuesday at the earliest. 

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11264 Posts
  • 62 Topics
  • 3153 Solutions

@Jayce_k 

I would contact Google Support direct, and they would be able to help, and possibly a lot quicker than o2. 

I do understand the shop, as they will have to send it off to be repaired, and with the bank holiday this would mean you would be without a phone for an extended period of time, as it wont be picked up till Tuesday at the earliest. 

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 2 of 4

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23904 Posts
  • 1042 Topics
  • 3769 Solutions

@Jayce_k To add to the advice from @madasaf1sh, I found this link for you: Pixel phone Help (google.com)

I would imagine the long Bank Holiday won't help matters much whoever you contact.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 4

Jayce_k
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@madasaf1sh @Bambino 
Thank you for your helpful replies. I'll go back to the shop in the week, as the phone is not explicitly my property to send away, so I will basically reject it under warranty via the manufacturer.

I was slightly disappointed with the way that the problem was handled in store, as soon as it was apparent that it was not a sales enquiry, I was effectively bounced to one side, they even attempted to sell me another phone whilst taking this phone off me, even though it wouldn't move until the middle of next week at the earliest.

Whilst I wasn't expecting to be handed a brand new phone and "there you go" a little more ownership of the issue would have been appreciated. So much for consumer care eh?

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Message 4 of 4