Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting IMEI Blacklisting removed from My O2 Mobile

Johnpaulb3130
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I purchased my mobile from Marketplace and now it's gone IEMI blacklisted. Spent hrs trying to sort this through customer services. I am now the legal owner of the phone. Customer services says there's no bars.

If the prior owner had a problem with O2 then its there problem and not mine.

Does any body had the same problem and what department actually sorts this out

Cheers

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38376 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1732 Solutions
Message 11 of 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149319 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28492 Solutions

🙄

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 12 of 22

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38376 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1732 Solutions

Not much point trying to answer anything sensibly, you're on a roll, so go for it.

1000018611.gif

Message 13 of 22

MI5
  • 149319 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28492 Solutions

It was already answered.

No need for pointless additions but if you're that desperate..........

Carry on with your little games if that's what makes you happy.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 14 of 22

Blacklisted1
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 24 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

In my experience without proof of purchase it is probably not going to be unbarred unfortunately. 

I have been having the same issue with a phone I have the receipt for and they all uselessly say "o2 can't bar a phone bought elsewhere" UNTRUE! Such a waste of everyone's time!

Train your staff properly useless money grubbing company. Used to be the best network. As an ex csa I can say to upper management you are terrible att running a company and if it wasn't for your infrastructure money you would be out of jobs as you do not operate effectively as a mobile network. Why should you guys care. When liquidation happens you'll all be long gone with your bonuses off to destroy another company. 

Message 15 of 22

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7913 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1652 Solutions

Where was the phone bought?

If it was not O2 then the other retailer  is the point of call. O2 don't know if you have purchased a phone that has  reported as stolen or worse part of an insurance fraud and they are well within their right to refuse to unblock it 

You can rant on here as much as you like. If you don't like O2 and their attitude then pack your bags and go elsewhere.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 16 of 22

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11576 Posts
  • 63 Topics
  • 3163 Solutions

@Blacklisted1 

A proof of purchase proves SFA it just means you bought a phone from somewhere, and it is the responsibility of the company you bought it from to not sell stolen goods..
The same applies when people buy stolen cars, and the coppers catch them, they lose the car, and have to claim the cash back from the auction house or dealer..

I would be getting in touch with them, rather than throwing your toys out of your pram and throwing a temper tantrum, when there is naff all and thankfully nothing o2 or any network will do to help you.,..  So go and sod off and go and go find elsewhere as others have said...

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 17 of 22

jonsie
  • 93978 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Blacklisted1
  • 24 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hilariously I have been sent here by o2 customer services and you my friend have been 100% more useful that all the agents I have spoken to as a clearly qualified troll.

Fair enough I have thrown my toys out through frustration but only because simple requests that any other network could resolve within days have been fannied about with and passed about though a bunch of advisers  who have never been told how to deal with the issue.  

Maybe you should apply to o2 as a csa. Clearly you are qualified to work there. You'll probably get a raise straight off as someone who just belittles customers and makes irrelevant points. Why are you even in here? 

I'm not really surprised that o2s "community" is so toxic. Essentially a group of poor customers who can't understand the systematic incompetence they're dealing with comes together in order to make sense of the pure nonsense and negligence thrown at them. Your life is being well spent friend At least you have your basement and keyboard. Get a friend! Lol

Message 19 of 22

Blacklisted1
  • 24 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Oh wait you work for o2. What a surprise.... any chance you can remove an imei bar with proof that I paid for it? 

Message 20 of 22