Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS tracker won't upload to server as port seems to be blocked by O2

Billy1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a GPS tracking device with an O2 SIM inserted on my vehicle which uses a web based live tracking platform.  Basically the device obtains GPS coordinates and then uploads them to the IP address of the tracking platform sever.

Suddenly the tracker has stopped working and I have found out the problem seems to be that O2 is blocking the port.  If I insert a SIM from another network in the tracker such as Vodafone or GiffGaff it works perfectly fine.

I was wondering if there is any way you can request O2 to unblock/open a port so I can continue to use my tracker with the O2 SIM card.

The IP address in question is 202.104.150.75 and the port is 9000

If anyone can help me I will be extremely grateful as I'm losing the will to live here!!

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Billy1
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks O2John but I had already seen this thread and tried changing the username to bypass but no joy 😞
Message 11 of 17

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10230 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3014 Solutions
@Billy1

Did you try changing the default port?
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 12 of 17

Billy1
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I sent the request to the manufacturer but they told me they were unable to change the port from 9000.

I guess my only hope is that O2 open the port 🙏🏼
Message 13 of 17

Billy1
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Message 14 of 17

Billy1
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@O2John would you be able to reach out to your technical department to have a look in to this please?

I have been trying tirelessly to get in touch with someone but it appears the only staff working are the sales teams and customer service staff with zero knowledge of anything out of the ordinary.

This is very disappointing from O2 - sales staff can work during the pandemic but the teams in place to help existing loyal customers are non existent.

I trust O2 will act on this.
Message 15 of 17

O2John
  • 17 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Morning @Billy1

I can pass it on, but with no account access I'd literally be passing on a generic message, which won't give them anything to work on. 

I'd recommend contacting via Facebook, linking them to this thread. I can contact the right team to highlight it, but it won't necessarily be a quick response - I trust you'll understand that with customer service under as much pressure as they are, other teams are helping them out

signature
Message 16 of 17

O2John
  • 17 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Marjo @Martin

Are you able to help us escalate this to the right team. 

The device(s) was/were working, and have stopped recently. 

Whilst there's a lot of chat about ports being blocked, I'm struggling to wrap my head around it having worked without issue before. 

signature
Message 17 of 17