Did you mean: 

Former Virgin User - Cannot be heard, call drops

Mars10
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I'm a former virgin customer who has been unable to receive incoming calls since switching over.  The caller cannot hear me but I can hear them.  A few seconds later the call drops.

I have tried

1) Turning airplane mode on and off multiple times

2) Turning off and on the phone

3) Resetting Network settings

4) New SIM

5) Force restart

6) Checking microphone privacy settings

7) Can record and play a message fine in VoiceMemos

😎None of the numbers are blocked. 

The iphone says Wifi calling is off and to turn it on O2s website/app however O2 says it's on.  Meaning I cannot turn it on at all on the iphone.  Can anyone help?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12575 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1153 Solutions

Have you tried your sim in another phone and/or another sim in your phone @Mars10 ?

Given what you have tried there seems to be something broken somewhere, so you might have to keep trying with customer services...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 4

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7768 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1641 Solutions

Re WiFi Calling. There have been a number of cases on here where the system says it's on but it is actually off. O2 need to disable it and the enable it again.

Good chance if you are on one of Virgin's SIM cards a replacement for an O2 SIM will work.

Best way is to call into an O2 shop with Photo ID and they will swap it and transfer your number.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 4

Mars10
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

We got a new o2 sim yesterday in the shop and they did all that.  We spoke to CS a short while ago.  they've past it on to people who can check the line but haven't turned off Wifi calling so that's not fixed.  Guess we'll find out within 5 days. 😒

Message 4 of 4