Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRAUD AND TERRIBLE SERVICE

NNAbdul
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Someone please help me!! On the 23rd May I noticed that someone has taken out an IPhone Pro13 under my account! I reported this to O2 IMMEDIATELY, they advised me to call my bank and cancel my direct debit. She also assured me that as O2 is experiencing this a lot they will rectify this and remove this contract from my account within 14 days. Ever since I have been harassed by O2 via letter, email and texts to make payment for this phone that I did not order or receive! Everytime I call or email them they say that they are forwarding this to the fraud team. But nothing has been done. They have blocked my sim. I'm absolutely appalled by their service and lack of security! I'm someone who is never in arrears and to be in this situation at no fault of my own is extremely distressing! Someone please me!!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

I will tag an O2 account advisor who can hopefully help you. @Anonymous can you please assist @NNAbdul?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9992 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@NNAbdul 

One thing to bare in mind about fraud cases is that o2 are not allowed to tell you what is been done in the background, and if it goes to the police and criminal proceedings take place the Police wont let them tell you anything. 

Fraud teams are secretive in what they do, due to the investigations.

This is called tipping off, and can result in o2 and the employee been fined and ending up in prison. 

The best advice I can give is make logs of what has happened and who you have spoken to and then put a notice of correction on your Credit Files, also look at something called CIFAS maker on your credit report.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bambino thanks for the tag @madasaf1sh great information @NNAbdul will private message

Message 4 of 5

NNAbdul
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, thank you for your message. While I understand that O2 cannot tell me what is going on in the background of the fraud investigation surely while this investigation is going on I should not be constantly getting threatening letters, emails and text messages for payment. Especially since I have been making frequent calls to keep on making them aware that this contract was taken out by a fraudster. For someone who is never in arrears to get letters threatening with bailiff is extremely stressfull.

Message 5 of 5