cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does O2 support number sharing with your galaxy phone and watch? If so, how?

LizD1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have just got a Samsung Galaxy Watch 7 and its fine over bluetooth but I want to be able to use my phone when it's not with me via my watch. I have activated my watches esim, but the watch seems to have a different phone number to my phone, which seems odd, so I assume can send and receive calls (not tested) but just not from my usual phone number. Also when I brought the watch it only came with 1gb of data which doesn't really seem like enough, but that was the only plan available.

What am I doing wrong here? Do I need to activate call forwarding or something or should the phone and watch both have the same number? 

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11303 Posts
  • 62 Topics
  • 3153 Solutions

@LizD1 

Yes the watch will have different number as o2 as you can only have one sim with your number. 

You will need to setup the phone correctly to use it sans phone, as Samsung have designed it so that your phone needs to be switched on and connected to either WiFi or Mobile Data, and the call is forwarded to the watch using the Wear App (basically)

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS10002847/

Guide: Connecting your Samsung Smartwatch 

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11303 Posts
  • 62 Topics
  • 3153 Solutions

@LizD1 

Yes the watch will have different number as o2 as you can only have one sim with your number. 

You will need to setup the phone correctly to use it sans phone, as Samsung have designed it so that your phone needs to be switched on and connected to either WiFi or Mobile Data, and the call is forwarded to the watch using the Wear App (basically)

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS10002847/

Guide: Connecting your Samsung Smartwatch 

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 2 of 2