Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct debit

SamiPhone12
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I had a contract with o2 for 2 years. Paid for 2 half years (took 6 months to decide to have a new phone and a new contract or stick with my old phone and go on payg) so in the end I cancelled my old contract (didn’t cancel the direct debit with virgin money) and took out a new one, again with o2, but through mobile phones direct. Now I had to pay for the £69.99 which I paid with my new bank account mettle.

usually when I pay fir the phone up front it then creates a direct debit and it takes it from the bank account I paid for the phone. But this time it hasn’t. The direct debits are still trying to be taken out of my old bank account (virgin money) which is still open but has no funds in. My question is how do I stop o2 from taking the direct debit from my virgin money and take it from my mettle account instead.

p.s I can’t cancel I direct debit with virgin money online or over the phone. I have to go into branch and that is in town which I don’t have the time to do!

I hope I’ve explained everything needed, if someone can let me know what to do next.

p.p.s I can’t get through to customer service on the chat, it says they are too busy!

many thanks

Sam.

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@SamiPhone12 

You can reach the Payment Management team on 0800 902 0217.

They will swap the direct debit details for you.
The opening times are:
Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm
Saturday – 8am to 6pm
Sunday – 9am to 6pm
https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/payment-support

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@SamiPhone12 

You can reach the Payment Management team on 0800 902 0217.

They will swap the direct debit details for you.
The opening times are:
Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm
Saturday – 8am to 6pm
Sunday – 9am to 6pm
https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/payment-support

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2