Did you mean: 

Data network keeps dropping

Jo38
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi,

I am travelling in Oregon with my Samsung 5G eSim phone. Phone reception seems to be pretty good on various networks, but my data network keeps dropping so I can't look at websites etc. I've tried changing my network status to remove 5G as an option but the problem still occurs. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Jo

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Capvermell
  • 23 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Bambino I think that's what is known as being an "Unfair Contract Term" and that is what I would be citing in respect of this complaint and also in respect of my own complaint with O2 about their repeated lack of data services  for many hour long periods on multiple days throughout the summer at locations with a strong mobile signal that are in range of their transmitters.

Message 11 of 14

Capvermell
  • 23 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 But something tells me that they fail to mention this data speed restriction in any documents or on any web pages where they get you to sign up for their services and/or overseas roaming extensions to those services.......

Message 12 of 14

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 24069 Posts
  • 1049 Topics
  • 3778 Solutions

@Capvermell I think I'd be reasonably certain in presuming that O2's legal team would have had all the bases covered before they wrote the T & C's. If you want to pursue this, it's your choice, but I personally think you'll be whistling in the wind. Good luck.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 13 of 14

Capvermell
  • 23 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Bambino I see that Ofcom has previously (but it was in 2005) ruled against a number of unfair contract terms from O2 at www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/latest/bulletins/competition-bulletins/all-closed-cases/cw_820

Bearing in mind the current deplorable state of O2's data network perhaps Ofcom might also be willing to rule para 2.2 of their terms and conditions is an Unfair Contract Term...............

Message 14 of 14