cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could someone help me with a number transfer as it's not practical to do it online & 202

Mart7Mcfl7
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I'm getting my parents onto my pay monthly account to get the discounts and need help transferring the number over from their PAG account.

Due to where they live it's not practical to do it with customer services because of spotty reception and I need to keep getting confirmation codes from one of their phones. 

Could a representative step in and help me do this? Thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148969 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28448 Solutions

@Mart7Mcfl7 

Confirmation codes are still required as it's a security feature.

Best to just get together with your folks somewhere the signal is good and do it all at once.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 6

jonsie
  • 93918 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

Have you thought of a different network for your parents if O2 coverage is poor?

Tying them into a contract with poor reception seems odd when there are times you will need to contact each other

Message 3 of 6

Mart7Mcfl7
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 Thats impractical as I don't live with them, Lisa sorted out my dads number for me and I am hoping for someone to step in and help with my mums.

Actually, the whole confirmation code system is archaic, being parents of a certain age, I have access and control to everything digital. A few more options like Email verification, Google Authenticator or heaven forbid simple web/account migration wouldn't go amiss.

I tried doing it 'the right way' multiple times for my dad and the number simply wouldn't migrate until I got a representative here to put the request through manually (O2Lisa)

Message 4 of 6

Mart7Mcfl7
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@jonsie They don't care about the coverage they get in their home as they use the landline lol

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 148969 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28448 Solutions

@Mart7Mcfl7 

If you want @O2Lisa you need to tag her as I have just done.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 6