Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connected but nothing is working

Ren73
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I recently purchased one of the mobile hotspot hubs (Huawei 4G). I did my research before I entered the contract, making sure that there were masts in the area and that there was good coverage here. The device shows all lights as green and says I'm connected with the WiFi symbol showing 4 bars on my devices. The problem is that although it says I'm connected its acting as if there is no connection at all, it takes me 10 minutes to load Google and you don't want to know how long it took to load this forum so I could seek help! I literally live in the city center and I desperately need this hub to start working soon as I am a university student - I've tried resetting it, ive tried putting it in different parts of the room and I've tried only having one device connected at a time, nothing is working... can anyone help me please or at least tell me why its so bad...?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Ren73 

First off, what sim are you using in it?

It must be an O2 data only sim - Phone sims won't work.

If you have the correct sim, login to the user control panel and check the apn is correct.

It should be:

Name : o2 mobile web

APN : mobile.o2.co.uk (PAYG - payandgo.o2.co.uk)

Proxy, Port  : Please leave blank

Username - o2web (PAYG - payandgo)

Password - password

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

TheresaV
Former Staff
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Hi @Ren73 did you manage to get this to work with the advice given above?

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 3