cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certain Google Services won't work on Mobile Data (unable to access internet)

Professor78
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, 

I have been having a strange problem since moved to 02, where certain google apps don't function correctly or at all when I am on mobile data, and signal strength is good. 

I have a ROG2 Android Phone.

For example on google maps, we track each other via location sharing - this will po up saying ' Unable to connect to google account' so makes it useless when out and about.

And if go into settings>google>manage google account - there is banner that says "Can't connect to the internet"  yet internet is there, and google search work fine.

Another thing is that 2 step verification via a pop up on device should appear to click (not the txt), does no come through, and then does when back on wifi.

It seems to be anything related to needing google account data is blocked via mobile in some way.

Has anyone ever come across this before or have any ideas? Was only when moved to 02, never problems before that.

Thanks,

Dave

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147262 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28301 Solutions

@Professor78 

Check your date and time settings are on auto and correct.

Try installing Google carrier services app https://play.google.com/store/search?q=google+carrier+services&c=apps&hl=en

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 7

Professor78
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for info.

The Date/Time and Zone are auto from network.

For the services, it was installed and tried Uninstalling (to base version) rebooting in-between, updating to latest again with reboot with no luck unfortunately.

Something else that has stopped working is being able to pay with NFC, as guess thats linked to part of google service.

Other things like Gmail, Browser (signed in with bookmarks synced ect) Maps works with bookmarks, just not location sharing, and other apps like banking ect all fine.

Never come across anything like this before.

Dave

Message 3 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147262 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28301 Solutions

Are your location services turned on also @Professor78 ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 7

Professor78
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I went into all types of location setting, most relevant seemed the app level relevant. Including hidden system ones all relevant ones seemed to be on, turned on all apps enabled anyway to make sure, also drilling down into each and the types of location input they can use.

Still no luck 😞

Message 5 of 7

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10712 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3105 Solutions

@Professor78 

Have you checked your mobile data settings on the phone, and check the APN is set correctly to mobile.o2.co.uk  ? 

Also might be worth doing a network settings reset. 

It might be worth reaching out to ASUS as well... 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 6 of 7

Professor78
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for all suggestion by the way.

There are 3 options and it's set correctly to mobile.o2.co.uk

I tried over couple days setting up and using work sim in the phone and it had no problems connecting to anything, thats via vodaphone.

I will start a thread on Asus also.

Message 7 of 7