Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Car Tracker Problem

jstvj
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hello, I have a weird one for you. I purchased a car tracker which included a 1pmobile sim card so it can text my 02 phone if my car is stolen. However after trying exhaustedly to get it to work for days, the tracker support team have said that my 02 sim card is being intercepted by 02 stopping the text getting through to my phone.

I hope this makes sense, if not my excuse is that I'm 78🤣 Can anyone advise please?

Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jstvj
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Many thanks. I have literally been through everything possible with their support but had no luck. Thank you anyway 

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7072 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

I have two trackers. One using 1p and one using Giffgaff, both work.

Can't really see any reason why O2 would block anything to do with text.

Can you set up other allerts such as engine on etc.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 15

jstvj
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

The tracker is supplied by Streetwize purchased from Aldi. I can set Geofencing and vibration but not engine starting. The is an app TK Star which works fine but I didn't want to keep it open on my phone permanently. Support say tracker is online and receiving commands but my phone is not receiving any responses back. 

I also cannot see why 02 would be intercepting the texts from the tracker but that is what the support have said ss a possibility.

Message 3 of 15

Enlli
  • 7072 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

So, if you take the SIM out of the tracker can you use it to send a text from a phone.

You should not need the app open to receive texts.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 15

Enlli
  • 7072 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

Assume the SIM has credit and has been topped up in the last 120 days

Message 5 of 15

jstvj
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Yes, I paid £30 for the year

Message 6 of 15

jstvj
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Yes it works fine in my phone. In fact I swapped sims over and the tracker responded to my commands but when I sent the location command it just replied with the command I had entered, no Goigle maps location.

Message 7 of 15

Enlli
  • 7072 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

I doubt then it has anything to do with O2.

I downloaded the manual and had a quick look. It seems quite convoluted. 

Can only suggest going to the SMS section of that and going through everything again

Message 8 of 15

jstvj
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Many thanks. I have literally been through everything possible with their support but had no luck. Thank you anyway 

Message 9 of 15

jstvj
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Further to my question, I have been advised by EE (1pmobile piggyback off EE) that there is indeed a problem of which they are aware of where their network is not able to call or text out to 02. However they do state that the problem lies with 02. Can someone tell me if 02 is aware of the fault and when it is likely to resolved please. Thanking you

Message 10 of 15