Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel contract due to no signal issue

ZH4517
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

There is never signal in my place and I have reported the problem for many times. No one solved it but said the signal was good looking from their side! It doesn't make any sense that I'm paying but receive no service from O2! Can I cancel my 12-month sim card contract without paying any penalty fee due to the signal problem?

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144587 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27728 Solutions

@ZH4517 

Not if you have gone past 14 days. 

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144587 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27728 Solutions

@ZH4517 

Not if you have gone past 14 days. 

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6649 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1493 Solutions

It will be a hard fight if O2 say everything is OĶ

Data for me is unusable at home but O2 say OK.

They will argue the 14 day cool off period gives people long enough to determine if the network is suitable

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 144587 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27728 Solutions

@ZH4517 

If on refresh, you can pay off the device plan and then you are free to leave.

You can use your phone with a sim from another network. 

Guide: How does O2 Refresh work? 

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

ZH4517
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 

I have a sim-only contract, refresh doesn't apply for me.

The problem is I need my existing phone number which I have been using for many years to receive calls or messages, using another sim card is not a solution at all. The key thing is O2 is not providing service that I purchased, it's nothing to do with using other networks or not.

Message 5 of 7

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6649 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1493 Solutions

There is not much we here can do as customers. As I said, experience leads me to think you will have a fight 

I assume at home you have WiFi Calling enabled which will at least allow you to do calls in the meantime.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 144587 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27728 Solutions

@ZH4517 wrote:

@MI5 

I have a sim-only contract, refresh doesn't apply for me.

The problem is I need my existing phone number which I have been using for many years to receive calls or messages, using another sim card is not a solution at all. The key thing is O2 is not providing service that I purchased, it's nothing to do with using other networks or not.

@ZH4517 

You can easily switch your number to another network Guide: How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update] 

The situation with O2 is unlikely to improve anytime soon, in fact, with the inrush of Virgin Media customers, it will likely get worse.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7