Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't sign in to O2 network on kid's phone post Virgin Mobile migration

norfolkingway
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Post Virgin upgrade, my child's phone has a cross in the 4G icon top right:4g issue 2.jpg

There's then a notification saying that he needs to sign in to the O2 network. When he goes to this, he gets an error saying parental controls prohibit him from accessing the page! I requested a new SIM as suggested but it appears to still be an issue. If I remove parental controls it works but I obviously can't do this permanently. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23901 Posts
  • 1042 Topics
  • 3769 Solutions

@norfolkingway As you are obviously the bill payer see if this guide helps: O2 Age restriction: what it is & how to manage it ... - O2 Community

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 4

norfolkingway
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

nks for quick reply but the issue is that my child cannot connect to the internet at all - there is a cross next to the 4G symbol, and a notification to sign in to the network. When I tap this, it brings up the screen in my image. It seems that O2 is blocking its own sign in page if parental controls are on!

I have tried the option to 'use this network as is' whereupon the cross disappears, but I can't even get to google. WhatsApp and email work though. Will likely have to go into a store, very frustrating and surprised that this isn't something that O2 support could help with when I called

Message 3 of 4

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7764 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1641 Solutions

Have to say it's not something I've seen before.

First check the APN settings and see if they are correct for O2

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/Connecting-Android-Phone-to-Data-Serv

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 4