Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive texts since forced move from Virgin to O2

NormansPaw
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Since being moved from Virgin to O2 I have not been receiving text messages I am on e SIM, I have to swap back to my Virgin e SIM to receive texts, but on that SIM I can't make or receive calls. This is driving me nuts, I cannot believe that you are forced to join another company and one or the other can't get their act together to make it happen.

I phoned CS who to be frank are useless, the chap didn't have a clue what to do, blamed it on a transmitter outage, even though I told him I have been on a journey into another county!

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @Breanna I will pick this up thanks.

Hi @NormansPaw I will send you a private message to look into this for you.

signature

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10192 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@NormansPaw 

You have been on o2 for months now, so if the issue has just started then it is an issue with the migration from the dodgy VM Belgian MVNO setup, in these cases having an esim will cause issues. 

Where you abroad when the migration happened? As if so then that is the reason you have a borked port. 

You are going to have to go to an o2 shop and get a physical sim card, and then do a sim swap (take photo ID).. and see if the problem still exists,  

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 13

NormansPaw
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No sorry that's not the answer, up until yesterday I was on an O2 physical SIM  that had been sent to me for the change over some days ago, that was exactly the same voice calls but no Texts.

I was not abroad, just been on to CS again they had me re-set all the network settings that was annoying now all my log ons for Blue tooth and Wifi have gone, he was more interested in selling me a new plan!!

Message 3 of 13

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6610 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

Oh dear. Interested in selling you a plan. Looks like Virgin staff have come across, that was their trick. Seldom seen here until recently.

Sounds very much like something has gone wrong with the port

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 13

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10192 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

You weren't clear as it reads as though you were on a VM esim, rather than moving over to an esim. 

You need to speak to customer services, and ask them to pass it to the porting team or the project team dealing with the VM MVNO to o2 ports. 

@O2Jonathan @O2Emma can you assist at all

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 13

NormansPaw
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry I will try to be clearer:

1- I was originally on a Virgin eSIM

2- O2 sent me a physical SIM card which I swapped to for a couple of days, but I could not receive texts although calls and data OK.

3- O2 then sent me an eSIM pack which I changed to this morning, hoping it might cure problem, but still cannot receive texts although sending is no problem.

The Virgin e SIM is now deactivated.

Message 6 of 13

O2Jonathan
Former Staff
  • 66 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@madasaf1sh thanks for the tag - I will private message you now @NormansPaw .

signature
Message 7 of 13

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

@O2Emma would you be able to look into this please? @O2Jonathan hasn't been on and @NormansPaw is still experiencing issues since the migration.

Message 8 of 13

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @Breanna I will pick this up thanks.

Hi @NormansPaw I will send you a private message to look into this for you.

signature
Message 9 of 13

ColinBwood
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi - I have the exact same issue as @NormansPaw (note fyi @Breanna ).  Was on a Virgin eSim, migrated to O2 physical sim and then to O2 eSim.  I get 5G, can make/receive incoming and outgoing calls and send outgoing SMS on the O2 eSim; BUT incoming SMS still gets routed to Virgin eSim.  The O2 SMSC pay monthly is the correct number and the classics of reset network aspects and turn off/on again have not helped.  Know @O2Emma you're a former person, but if you know the magic fix it would be super.

Message 10 of 13