Did you mean: 

Can't merge Virgin Media mobile numbers to existing O2 account login

moconnell1978
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I had 2  numbers that were on VM mobile and one number (originally ordered via VM but during the transition to o2)  that was directly always on 02, so I already had an 02 account with the mail email we use for VM login also for our O2 account.

I've only just noticed after being moved to 02 from VM on the 24th July that 2 of my sims are not showing up on my login that now works for the O2 account even via the VM/Volt benefits links at the bottom of the 'normal' login page.

I kinda expected the old numbers to get 'merged' with the pre existing account. However I only see the one phone on there. One of the 2 phones I had one got texted a oconXXXXXX@o2.co.uk style 'username' and separate password. However I didn't action this back then as it was sent to the phone which my son uses and he doesn't use text messages! Trying this combo today to try and login to presumably some other account doesn't seem to work...it seems to moan about the 'format' of the email address?

Perhaps I missed the 'window' in which to be able to setup the migration account? But likely I'd prefer to have all 3 phones bill listed together on same login?

Can someone advise on next steps to either merge all to one existing working login or find a way to login to the presumably dormant other account that I assume holds the other 2 numbers on it?

Many Thanks

Matt O'Connell

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93250 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Unfortunately what you want just isn't possible at the moment

Before the Virginmedia take-over you could have all accounts together

This was suspended until all accounts have come across to O2 and are shifted onto the new billing system which is called the 360 system

Whether or even if merging accounts returns, there is as yet no timescale

So in the meantime each account will need a separate My O2 and registered with a different email address of your own choosing

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

jonsie
  • 93250 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Unfortunately what you want just isn't possible at the moment

Before the Virginmedia take-over you could have all accounts together

This was suspended until all accounts have come across to O2 and are shifted onto the new billing system which is called the 360 system

Whether or even if merging accounts returns, there is as yet no timescale

So in the meantime each account will need a separate My O2 and registered with a different email address of your own choosing

Message 2 of 3

jonsie
  • 93250 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions