Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make or receive calls or add to MyO2 account

OldieDi
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Inserted unused O2 PAYG SIM into spare mobile phone.  Topped it up by £10.  It can send and receive texts. If I try to make a call it doesn't succeed.  I can't ring it from another phone: I have to leave an O2 voice message and it gets notification of a missed call.  I tried to add it to MyO2 but it doesn't receive the O2 security code text, so I can't add it.  Could this be because I'm not in the UK at the moment, so it can't join the O2 network directly?  Won't be in UK for a couple of weeks.  I'm keen to get it working because since O2 brought in stricter security measures I can't access MyO2 for any of my other SIMS as they are all in trackers in UK with no displays. Means I can't check balances, top up etc., despite having received notification of O2's failure to take an auto top-up (didn't tell me which SIM, though) owing to expiry of credit card and my inability to set up an alternative credit card as I can't log in to MyO2. This latest SIM is being installed in spare phone simply to access MyO2!  Advice would be very welcome.

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@OldieDi 

You need to be in the UK to fully activate the sim card hence it wont work fully 

If these are being used for business reasons you really should invest in some M2M sim cards...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@OldieDi 

You need to be in the UK to fully activate the sim card hence it wont work fully 

If these are being used for business reasons you really should invest in some M2M sim cards...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 2