cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get Network in UK when no wifi...Works aboard?

OKay
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I am having a huge issue with my phone network where I can not connect easily (or at all) to the internet or use my apps when not connected to wifi in the UK. Every time I want to use network when there is no wifi, I have to go into my settings and mess about with the "Automatic Select Network" or manually change the Network multiple times and then wait about 10 minutes between each time to hope this works. 

This works perfectly fine for me in the Netherlands (frequent traveler), no issues with connection when leaving the house or even when I first land at the airport. They do not have O2 in the Netherlands either. 

I actually brought a new phone because I thought it was the phone causing the issue. I went from a Windows phone to an Android but am still having the same problem with my network here in the UK. 

I REALLY need this fixed because it's a huge inconvenience as I really rely on my network!

I nearly was not allowed to get on a flight because I lost network just before the gate and could not get ticket on the app to show! 

If this can't be fixed I am going to change provider because I don't have access to anything on my phone unless I have wifi. 

Thanks, hope someone can help me. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@OKay 

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this
Thanks

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

OKay
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 Thanks so much for your reply!

I do not have any of those accounts, I do not have any social media, I just made this account to get help here. Nothing against you, but it is pretty ridiculous if I can't get help from O2 on their own O2 help website and have to have social media...

Message 3 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@OKay 

This isn't O2. It's a community forum of O2 customers.

I can ask one of our account advisors to help @O2Sarah-  and you can also call 202 to speak to customer service.

Hope you get sorted soon.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

O2Sarah-
Former Staff
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @MI5,

@OKay I'll Message you privately so we can look into this.

Message 5 of 6

OKay
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 Thanks so much for your help! slight_smile

@O2Sarah- thanks, that would be great!

Message 6 of 6