Did you mean: 

Can 2 phones have the same phone number

OrangeDub99
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

My daughter is starting a new secondary school in September and they have banned smart phones but are allowed traditional phones.  Her friends in other schools will still be allowed smart phones so she will need Whatsapp etc to keep in contact with her old friends but as she is travelling on a bus to school it would be good if she can have a traditional phone during the school day and then revert to a smart phone whilst not at school.  I dont really want to be transferring the sim card on a regular basis between  between devices as it may get damaged but also dont really want her to have 2 phone numbers as this will get complicated and will end up having a different number for new friends compared with old friends.  Is there a technical solution to having the same number on both phones so we dont need to transfer the sim regularly?  thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12396 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1149 Solutions

Not as far as I am aware @OrangeDub99 

Each number can only be associated with 1 sim.

Transferring the sim card is the only way to do it I'm afraid.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 3

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37301 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

"they have banned smart phones but are allowed traditional phones"

A red telephone box in the quad, perhaps? How on earth are they going to police that?

SmartWatch may be the way to go, unless pocket watches or fob watches are mandated...🤔

Message 3 of 3