Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls from my number..but not me!

Li_z
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place but wonder if anyone can help. I've suddenly ( in the last 2 days) been getting phone calls and texts from people saying they'd had missed calls from me. At first when it was texts I assumed it was some sort of scam but now people are phoning asking what I wanted. Is this a scam? Or is it more likely there has been an issue with my number somehow? I've had the same number for alot of years and definitely haven't been calling people.

Thanks for any help

Liz

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Unfortunately scammers now fake phone numbers when they call people so it looks like a "normal" number is calling them.
They rotate through so eventually they will use a different number and not yours.
If you want, you can ask o2 to change your number - you get one change per year free of charge @Li_z.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Unfortunately scammers now fake phone numbers when they call people so it looks like a "normal" number is calling them.
They rotate through so eventually they will use a different number and not yours.
If you want, you can ask o2 to change your number - you get one change per year free of charge @Li_z.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 3

Li_z
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, thanks for the quick reply, I just found out about number spoofing doing my own research. I've recorded a new outgoing message explaining to people that they should block me and why and like you say it shouldn't be too long before they move on 🤞

Thanks again!

Message 3 of 3