Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls dropping out

Fofer
Level 1: Joiner
  • 14 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

For the last few days every call I make has been dropping out for a few seconds then coming back . I have never had a great 4G signal in the area I live it’s known to be pretty rubbish with O2 however calls have always been fine . Any ideas on what could be causing this ? I’m at the point now where it’s just maybe time to switch providers . 
thanks in advance 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 8096 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1662 Solutions

@Fofer 

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

Guide: Is the network down for me or everyone? 

Use WiFi Calling at home if you have broadband

https://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-calling (contract only)

If you think of leaving try PAYG SIM cards from the other networks first

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149914 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28555 Solutions

@Fofer 

If your 4g is poor and the phone is trying to use 4g for calling you will get issues.

Turn off 4g calling in the phone settings to check.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 9

Fofer
  • 14 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the reply ,  have WiFi calling enabled I don’t know how to turn off 4G calling . This has only started over the last few days . 

Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 149914 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28555 Solutions

@Fofer 

Turning off wifi calling will also turn off 4g calling as the two go together.

Some phones do have separate switches though but usually in the same menu.

You might phone instructions here for your phone https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 9

Oxonian
Level 35: Originator
  • 9636 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 149914 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28555 Solutions

🤣

Message 7 of 9

Fofer
  • 14 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So there’s been a mast down for days now my phone service is horrendous and also my 4g is worse than ever . I think I will contact O2 regarding this 

Message 8 of 9

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11633 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3164 Solutions

@Fofer 

Customer services wont be able to tell you anything, and no one will give you any timescales for it to be brought back into service...  due to variables in play, such as parts, access, planning permission to name a few

You can always if on Pay Monthly use Wifi Calling 

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 9 of 9