cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Callers or people I call can't hear me well enough to converse when using my phone in my home

MaryPixel6a
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I have a new Google pixel 6a bought from O2 a few weeks back to replace my O2 Google Pixel 3 (which I didn't have problems with).

In and around my house, people I call or who call me say I sound robotic or crackly or drop out completely so impossible to have a conversation. I have made and received calls away from home with no problem.

Have turned on WIFI calling and Adaptive connectivity but problem still not resolved.

Phone is useless to me if I can't make and receive calls - Any ideas?

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MaryPixel6a
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Resolved. Reset all network settings. This cleared a "technical glitch" apparently!

Thank you for all the guidence and suggestions

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149517 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28499 Solutions

@MaryPixel6a 

Check guide here Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

Chances are that they have a mast issue of maintenance at your home location.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 11

MaryPixel6a
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks for this. Still no luck. Hubby got a O2 Pixel 7 Pro at the same time. He had the same problem with voice but it was resolved by switching on WIFI calling and Adaptive Connectivity. This isn't sorting mine.

My phone works fine 100 yrds away from the house so doubt it's a mast problem (system says there's no no mast issues)

Don't know what to do as I'm self employed and need to be able to make and receive calls so my phone is pretty useless

Message 3 of 11

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38488 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1732 Solutions

Switch your phone SIM down from 5G or 4G to 3G, see if that helps, @MaryPixel6a.

Some info on things that can interfere with the cellular network signal in here for info, just in case anything in there helps: Guide: Do you have poor coverage / signal Indoors? This may help Explain / resolve it 

Message 4 of 11

MI5
  • 149517 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28499 Solutions

@MaryPixel6a 

Have you tried with wifi calling off?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 11

MaryPixel6a
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Tried with WIFI calling and Adaptive connectivity both off and both on

Message 6 of 11

MaryPixel6a
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks for responding. I originally tried my old 4G sim I had in my Pixel 3a in my new phone and that's when I found I had a voice problem. I switched to the new 5G sim they sent and still have the same problem. I don't have a 3G sim to try. I'm a bit of a technophobe so I don't know if its relevent but I have no problem with connecting to WIFI or mobile data (4G).

I will look at the link you sent 🙂

Message 7 of 11

MI5
  • 149517 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28499 Solutions

@MaryPixel6a 

As your husbands phone works fine in the same house, it's unlikely to be the cause.

I'd speak to Google to see if there is anything they can suggest or send it in to O2 for repair.

Might be worth doing a back up and factory reset first though in case there are any corrupted files present..

Message 8 of 11

MaryPixel6a
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Resolved. Reset all network settings. This cleared a "technical glitch" apparently!

Thank you for all the guidence and suggestions

Message 9 of 11

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38488 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1732 Solutions
Message 10 of 11